Marlborough Lodge was consecrated at the Bear Hotel, Woodstock on 19th June 1872 and was the sixth Lodge to be formed in Oxfordshire.
From this date there was a rapid increase in membership which made the accommodation at the Bear increasingly inadequate. On 6th July 1874, the Lodge started to hold its meetings in the Town Hall, but the facilities here were not wholly satisfactory and so the Lodge moved again in the December to the Kings Arms, Woodstock where it remained for the next sixteen years. Between 1890 – 1922, the Lodge moved several times and met again in the Bear Hotel, the Marlborough Arms, a Wesleyan Chapel in Oxford Road, Woodstock before purchasing its current premises in New Road, Woodstock in May 1922 which it, and other Lodges, still occupies to this day.


View of the lodge from inside